Friday, December 17, 2010

Done!

It's Friday night, I've just come back from the design lab with my printed info-graphic in tow, and besides having final reviews tomorrow the semester is essentially over (!!!).  While yes, this new found freedom is a tremendous weight of my shoulders, my mind has gotten so used to constantly creating and thinking of ideas over the last couple of months I don't know what to do with myself with the hour of free time I have before attending a party.  So I'll blog...

Here's my final project, an info-graphic that illustrates how the various historical, social, and cultural factors came into play to create the phenomenon that The Beatles became:

I have to say, as frustrating and time-consuming as this project was, I learned a *lot*.  In picking a topic I thought that it would be a good one since there was a lot of information to research and I knew that I would have fun doing it.  Also, my background knowledge of The Beatles was a little bit embarrassingly not there.  Doing all of this research has opened up a whole new world of pop-culture knowledge to me-the post-war history (I have to admit history was my worst subject growing up and I knew nothing of the Cuban missile crisis or the Bay of Pigs before now), the music that influenced The Beatles, The Beatles themselves, the sociology of youth coming of age during this time, the art and literature that was happening simultaneously, I could go on and on... Basically, this project has turned me into a Beatles nerd and I couldn't be more proud.

1 comment:

  1. YEA! Your blog looks great! Love the fresh yellow and now headline :)

    ReplyDelete