Monday, December 13, 2010

Chuck Klosterman, really??

Today as I was procrastinating from doing work (as per usual) I thought about seeing what my favorite author Chuck Klosterman was up to. For those of you who aren't familiar with him, Chuck Klosterman is not only destined to be my future husband but is also the author of a number of books about pop culture including "Sex, Drugs, and Cocoa Puffs," "Killing Yourself to Live," and "Fargo Rock City". His latest book, "Eating the Dinosaur" was published over a year ago, so I knew something had to be up. Upon Googling his name, I discovered an e-book site that his publisher had created with tons of new Klosterman material:


http://pages.simonandschuster.com/chuckklosterman

This site peturbed me for a number of reasons. #1-are these essays part of a new book? Looks like, but I can't find any information about said new book. #2-am I going to have to get an e-reader to keep up with my favorite author? #3-why am I asked to pay money to get even a sample of what Chuck Klosterman has been up to? #4-what is going on??

In a nutshell, I'm so confused. Chuck, if you're out there please let me know! I miss you!

4 comments:

  1. Oh that is weird. I haven't read eating the dinosaur yet but hope to get to it soon. I have an e-reader, but I'm not sure I want to pay for parts of a book. Just weird.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I started reading "Eating the Dinosaur" on loan from the library last Spring but never had time to really get into it. It's on my Christmas wish list though so hopefully I'll be Chuck-ing it up winter break! I'm really curious as to what Chuck has to say about this but I guess I'll never know until I get an e-reader! Damn publishers...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Amy, I kind of freaked out a little bit!!! That's so weird! I don't know what to say now! It's like he's sitting in front of me but he can't see me! SO WEIRD!!!! Is that really him, or is it a video of him? I'm confused and in shock a little bit.

    ReplyDelete