Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Week of hell / Part 2

I wanted to get this done yesterday but didn't.  However, it was due today so it had to get done today! This is a series of book covers for Typography.  For our final project, we had to pick three titles by an author and design covers for a series of books.  Naturally, I chose Hunter S. Thompson as he is one of my favorite writers.  Looking back, I could have chosen easier titles to illustrate with type (these are kind of abstract), but I always like a challenge.  Don't know how effectively I took this on though-oh well, you be the judge:

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking at them at first glance before I read your description, I could tell they are a series because of the common author and series name, placement, typography, and color. I think the style of the first and third books are the two that look most like they belong together. Although I do like love your type choice and diagonal position of the title in center book. Perhaps you could make the titles a similar size, or have them take up a similar amount of space on each cover? Also using a very simple illustration on all three (in the same style as the first cover) may tie them all together if there is an image that would make sense.

    By the way, will you check out my info-graphic please? It's on my page; here is a direct link.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! Yeah, it was for typography so we couldn't use any images or else I would have slapped on a Gonzo fist...in fact I made one out of type but, felt like it was a cop-out from the point of the assignment. Going to your infographic now!

    ReplyDelete