Wednesday, October 20, 2010

What I Did Today

This is what I did today:


This is part one of my typography assignment for the week: to illustrate depth and texture with typography in a table of contents page.  I got the idea for this piece from yoga class.


This is part two of my assignment: to work without a grid. Or something like that...I'm real tired. The inspiration for this piece came from the color guide.  Yay for color guides.

The lesson I learned from doing these pieces is to never procrastinate on typography assignments again.  They take a long time, they're hard and seven hours straight in the design lab leads to an unhealthy crazy feeling.  Time to go work on my campaign project...after I eat a large meal.



2 comments:

  1. I love the second one- soo interesting. How did you get the idea in yoga class? Do you mean it came to you in yoga class, or you saw something in yoga class that inspired it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, I meant that it came to me in yoga class. I find that a lot of times when I can't think of ideas (which I think is a psychological "I can't think of ideas" block anyway) if I go to yoga or take a walk--something mind opening/calming, things just come naturally sometimes. I'm always afraid I'll forget them though and it would probably look really weird/be frowned upon to keep a notebook next to my mat-I wish I could though.

    ReplyDelete