Wednesday, November 10, 2010

What I did today/ Corporate Identity

Once again I'm posting a project from typography class. These projects come and go so fast it's like giving birth every week. And what good Mama doesn't like to brag about her children just a little bit?

This week I finished up a corporate identity package for the fictitious restaurant, a.spice. The main purpose was to develop a logotype and the subsequent materials featuring said logotype:



Creating your own typeface/logotype can be extremely intimidating however I learned that like most daunting tasks, once you break them down to their basic elements it all builds up quite naturally. It also reinforced what I already kind of knew-I love designing menus. Something about organizing a lot of information in a small space, the psychology of getting the customer to gravitate towards expensive items, making peoples appetites whet with color...I dunno, I love it!  Now if only I could do this for One World...

1 comment: