Saturday, November 6, 2010

A Lesson in Revision/ Do You Know Where Your Food Comes From?

Oh Project 3...I'm so glad you have left my life.  Let's take a look at your (crazy) evolution from start to finish:

Goal: To create a cohesive campaign advertise a call to action regarding a social issue. 
Campaign Idea: To illustrate the dangers of eating fast food.


First I was scaring small children:




Then I scared adults:



And then I realized that I didn't have a clear idea and needed to change *everything*.  What to do, what to do? I needed to encourage people to think about what they're eating without insulting or scaring them....what to do? 

New Campaign Idea: Be aware of what you're eating.

Better...but then we took a field trip to a concentration camp for cows:




And let's face it, these children were scarier than the graveyard:


This was all clearly *not working*.  What to do, what to do? 

When in doubt, insert pretty pictures.  For my final presentation, I decided to compare the dark and dismal old pictures (which I thought were pretty cool (and free!) finds) of modern food processes that aren't quite right, with bright and colorful pictures of a better, healthier option. 

The final campaign:


Finally, something that I (and my professor) was happy with.  It only took how many weeks to get to this point?  However, I learned a lot through the process--A) Revisions are a designer's saving grace and B) Advertising is hard!

No comments:

Post a Comment