Friday, November 19, 2010

Show & Tell/ Infographics

This is my good infographic:

Taken from Vanity Fair, it's an infographic about Bob Dylan's mind.  This is turning out to be a huge inspiration for my Beatles infographic-I love how they took the inspiration from Milton Glaser's illustration and fashioned it with tons of information in a visually appealing way that's easy to understand! The downside is that it's low res so you can't read it on here.  Boo.




Upon going in search of a bad infographic I stumbled upon  this 
article all about bad infographics.  Examples, what makes them bad, and what could make them better.  Needless to say this was my favorite bad infographic:




Not only do I hate the fact that a salad costs more than a big mac in general, this infographic does a bad job at telling you why.  The 3-D is completely unnecessary and shouldn't they be comparing like information? These two pyramids compare percentages against servings.  Also, the percentages aren't well represented visually.  Maybe the person who made this ate too many Big Macs that day...

No comments:

Post a Comment