Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Art is _____________.

I admit, it has been a while since I've posted any of my work.  To be honest, I've been in a little bit of a rut these past few weeks.  Looks like it's over now--I just started working on what I think might be one of my favorite pieces so far.  It's for my seminar project, a non-profit called artists in motion.  The premise of this non-profit is that we have a mobile art studio (think a converted bus like a bookmobile) that travels around to inner city middle schools and gives kids in underfunded schools the opportunity to have an adequate education in the arts.  At the end of each session, we have a gallery event and fundraiser to showcase the students work.  The first one is designed around the concept of the definition of art, "Art is _____".  This is one of the posters advertising the show:

Definitely needs some work but so far I'm quite happy with it!

No comments:

Post a Comment