Friday, September 24, 2010

Hello Kitty

I have to say as silly as it sounds, one of my biggest design inspirations is Hello Kitty.  Simple, versatile, and timeless Hello Kitty is not only an ingenious work of design, she is also a brand in and of herself.  You can make anything a Hello Kitty (fill in the blank) just by putting her face on it and it will always be instantly cute.  I even have a Hello Kitty Fender guitar (and toaster, coffee mug, bathrobe, alarm clock, etc.).  Pure genius.  I'm sure there's plenty of haters out there (there always are) but come on--how can you look at this face and not feel just a little bit happy:

2 comments:

  1. I agree. Hello Kitty is simple and pure and I absolutely adore her and the rest of the Sanrio gang. They were my best friends when I was a kid. Hello Kitty and My Melody were my favorites back then. Today I'm more of a Kuromi girl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't say that I totally agree, but can appreciate a love of simplicity.

    ReplyDelete